Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Art Club Layout and Website Critique

mdavis.willyworld.org
In this piece I especially like the idea of creating a clipping mask. All of the objects inside of the clipping mask represent a different form of art or USI. I also like the use of the paint/colored pencil effect used for the background. For the most part the piece comes together wonderfully. I might lighten the blue on top of the USI logo if possible. The white text over the paint effect is a little hard to read in some spots. Like Chuck said, it would be neat if the student pictured was in the Art Club and won an award that the Art Club put money towards.The site itself shows the caption to the picture overlapping the picture. A few minor changes in Dreamweaver could fix that.

andy.willyworld.org
I enjoy the simplicity of this layout. I like the abstract flower effects used as a type of side banner. I am interested in knowing how the flower effects were made. The background design is kind of hard to see, but I enjoy the subtleness of it. The effect used behind just the one letter "U" is kind of distracting to me. It draws my eyes to just the letter "U" but that could quite possibly be a smart move since that is where the text starts.

mtravis.willyworld.org
In this layout I am a big fan of the open notebook idea. I like the fact that the text is easy to read. The hand drawn elements bring a lot to the piece as well. It is somewhat hard to make out the words "Art Club" on the ear of corn. Possibly working with different effects in Photoshop would help bring out the letters a little more. Maybe a different color of paint would help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment