Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lawn Art Assignment

For this assignment, I wanted to go with something more sophisticated. I had taken some beautiful pictures of a garden so I wanted to base my theme around them. I then came up with the idea of having a lawn art company, Classy Greens, who focused on the creation of water features, such as waterfalls and streams, for yards and gardens. (This is the reason for the waterfall feature in the center of the homepage.) Within their site they would have a homepage for lawn art statues, and that is what I created. Since I was going for the sophisticated look I wanted my layout to look very elegant and clean cut. I did this by use of font type, creating a since of balance and symmetry, and etc. All of the statues I chose are elegant pieces as well. I also used a consistent, abstract-like grass background, which helped tie the entire layout together. I felt like the use of borders around each piece helped bring the layout together as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment